You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘meetings’ category.

Are you interested in joining the Travel Awards Committee? We’re looking for 2-3 new members to assist us with giving awards that encourage participation in ARLIS/NA and assist students and new professionals with attending the conferences!

Please contact me off-list if you are interested in learning more or joining the committee. The Committee meeting will be held on Saturday from 12:30-2 at the Mad Greens restaurant (http://www.madgreens.com/). Please contact me if you plan on attending the meeting so that we can coordinate meeting and walking to the restaurant.

Jennifer Friedman
Incoming Chair, Travel Awards Committee

Dear membership,

The Artist Files Working Group is scheduled to meet on Saturday, May 3, 5-6pm in the Mt. Elbert Conference Room. Below is the agenda for the meeting.

For those interested in this specific project or artist files in general, we welcome your participation. For more background on our activities, please see the minutes of our last meeting in Atlanta: http://www.arlisna.org/news/conferences/2007/proceedings/wg_artistfiles.pdf

Regards,

Jon Evans
Artist Files Working Group Meeting Agenda

Denver 2008

Saturday, May 3, 5:00-6:00 PM

Mt. Elbert Conference Room
I. Welcome & Introductions – Jon Evans

II. Overview of progress since last meeting – Jon Evans, Sally McKay and Barbara Rominski

III. Best practices documents update – Jon Evans

IV. Directory update and presentation – Sally McKay and Barbara Rominski

V. Marketing plan – Kraig Binkowski

VI. Goals for the coming year – Jon Evans

VII. Other business

VIII. Adjourn

Hi Museum Librarians,

Rather than print the 2007 minutes for you to review at the MLD meeting Saturday I’d like to point you to the copy available on line. We’ll still have the formal approval of the minutes but you’ll have to read them in advance of the meeting.

http://www.arlisna.org/news/conferences/2007/proceedings/proceed_index.html
The minutes are a pdf located under the ‘Division’ heading.

thanks!

Amy Ballmer
aballmer@artic.edu

Book Arts Roundtable meeting May 4, 2008, Denver, Colorado

*Meeting to start at 5:30 p.m., Mt. Wilson room, Grand Hyatt

I. General Introductions

Outgoing moderator: Tony White (Indiana University)

Incoming moderator: Yuki Hibben (Virginia Commonwealth University)

II. Announcements College Book Art Association (CBAA)

CBAA Conference – January 2009 (call for papers: deadline June 1)

NY Art Book Fair

Contemporary Artist’s Books Conference (NYC)

Other

III. Transition from Roundtable to Discussion Group

What next?

Should the group continue?

What is the role of the Moderator?

IV. Nominations Nominate moderator-elect/discussion group leader

V. New Business/Discussions

Blog?

Open to the floor

Tony White Moderator, Book Arts Roundtable

The Cataloging Problems Discussion Group is scheduled to meet at lunchtime on Sunday, 1-2 pm. Box lunches are available from the hotel restaurant, 1876, so bring your sandwich and let’s talk about cataloging.

I’ve prepared an overview of the year in art cataloging and posted it at http://artcataloging.net/arlisna/cpdg2008overview.doc — sections on the CAC exhibitions publications guidelines underway, OPACs and 2.0 endeavors, LCSH, MARC, NACO/SACO, etc. We can talk about those topics or whatever fills your cataloger brain. One thing I’d like to talk about is the MARC proposal for a new heading use code, especially as CPSO has promised an easing of the NAF/SAF divide. This is spelled out in a bit more detail in the overview.

Looking forward to seeing folks in Denver.

Sherman Clarke
New York University Libraries
sherman.clarke@nyu.edu

Dear all,

I am just confirming the details re: DART’s breakfast meeting on Sunday in Denver. We will meet at 8:45 AM, so as to have a few minutes to order breakfast, etc., before the 9 AM meeting. We will meet in the hotel restaurant: “1876,” on the Lobby level. Come one, come all, just please let me know, if you can, asap, so I may have a final count.
Also, any agenda items to add are most welcome.

Thanks very much, and safe travels – Rebecca

-Rebecca Friedman
Co-Chair, DART
rfriedma@princeton.edu
609-258-3163

ARLIS/NA Communications & Publications Committee
Business Meeting
Saturday, May 3, 2008 12:30 – 2:00 pm
Denver Grand Hyatt – Mt. Wilson

AGENDA

12:30-1:00
1. Welcome and introductions

2. Old Business:

A. Approval of 2007 Annual Business Meeting minutes

B. 2007 Annual Report review:

1. Chair’s report (R. Lawson)
Co-Publishing agreements
Policy Manual Section R, including revised Author’s agreement (PM R12)
Art Documentation peer review survey

2. Editors’ reports (J. Dyki, E. Markson, J. Stahl, K. Binkowski)

3. At-large members’ reports (J. Franklin, M. Ruddy, L. Viverette)

4. EB Liaison’s Report (S. Koskinen)

1:00-1:10 Break

1:10-2:00
3. New Business:

A. Thanks to outgoing EB liaison S. Koskinen; welcome new liaison B. Rominski

B. Report on VRA’s MemberClicks implementation (R. Lawson)

C. Annual report proposal (R. Lawson)

D. Discussion of issues for Executive Board and recommendations/action items:

1. Online resources:
o AWS: Art Documentation backfile in PDF

Server hosting
News & Events information
Conference sites
E-commerce
Archiving procedures

o MemberClicks implementation

o Listserv administration

o RSS Feed

o Professional Resources

o ARLIS Reviews Online

2. Print Publications:

o Art Documentation: Production and mailing
Option to receive PDF online
PDFs for EBSCO

o Handbook/Directory: PDF version for downloading

o Occasional Papers

3. Communications and publications program finances:

o Marketing: Implementing approved plan

o Advertising: Identify new sources, incentives

o Sponsorship: Liaison with Development Committee

o RSS Feed

o Professional Resources

o ARLIS Reviews Online

ARLIS/NA Membership Meeting Agenda
Grand Hyatt Denver – Grand Ballroom
May 5, 2008 8:00-10:00 a.m.

Call to Order

President’s Report

Headquarters Report

Treasurer’s Report

Secretary’s Report

Summer Educational Institute Report

Denver Conference Report

Indianapolis Conference Preview

Guest Speaker, Loriene Roy, President, ALA

Remembrances

Scheduled announcements

Membership Dues Increases

Open Forum

Introductions and Acknowledgements

Outgoing Executive Board Members

Incoming Executive Board Members

Ken Soehner, President, 2008-2009

Adjourn

The ARLIS/NA Collection Development Discussion Group will meet on Saturday, 3 May from 1 to 2 P.M. at the Grays Peak room in the Hyatt Conference Center.

This is billed as a “brown bag” meeting, so feel free to bring lunch if you haven’t already eaten. (I’m sure the hotel would like us to point out that box lunches are available for purchase at “1876,” the hotel restaurant.)

A major agenda item will be our transition from “Discussion Group” to “Special Interest Group.” Last year in Atlanta we agreed that we wanted to make this change as soon as the SIG option is available. With luck, we will have some information on the procedure for establishing a SIG by the time we meet. I hope that this will take no more than 15 minutes of our brief meeting time. The rest of the meeting will be devoted to our usual “round robin” of collection development topics. Please bring your issues to discuss.

See you in Denver.

Tim Shipe

Hello Architecture Section members, We will meet on Saturday May 3, 2008 in the Conference Center. An agenda is attached and appended below. Please send me last minute agenda items if you have them. If anyone would like to nominate themselves or someone else to become Vice-Moderator, please let me know. We also will need a Recorder to transcribe our pearls for future generations. Please someone volunteer. I am begging you.

ARLIS/NA Annual Architecture Section Meeting May 3, 2008, 5:00-6:00 PM

Section I. Section Business (15 minutes)

A. New Business/Announcements; (10 minutes)

a. AASL Conference Summary (Janine Henri, UCLA)

b. Miscellaneous Announcements B. Election of the new Vice-Moderator; any volunteers? (5 minutes)

Section II. “Slam” (15 minutes) The Slam is meant to be a structured forum in which section members can briefly outline research or publication efforts for section members. Please send Slam info to Patti Cossard pcossard@umd.edu

A. Slam participants are self-identified pre-conference (in our case research project announcements)

B. Prior to conference, slam participants asked to:

a. Provide one paragraph describing project and what type of collaboration is sought

b. Provide one powerpoint slide representative of project

c. Prepare one minute maximum oral presentation of project and call for collaboration; one-minute limit will be rigidly enforced with a gong

Section III. New National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) Standards for Architecture Libraries (15-20 minutes)

A. Janine Henri will discuss the previous NAAB Accreditation process

B. Susan Lewis or another member of the AASL-ARLIS/NA NAAB Accreditation Task Force in attendance will discuss its activities

C. Discussion

Alan Michelson

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.